Friday, January 1, 2010

A new year

A new year. So what? Why do we make such a big deal out of it?

I can understand some reasons as to why we celebrate, but it doesn't really justify it being such a big day.

What comes out of a new year that we can't do any other day? Reflections on oneself, resolutions that aren't kept, the start of a "new" year that will revert back to normal this coming Monday.

I wish I had a mind that was more accepting of other people. Who am I, after all, to be questioning everyone else when I'm the only one who has a problem with New Years and birthdays.

I can only hope this year will be better than last year - it was a tough year for me.

It's been over 20 months since I've been dating my girlfriend and the last few months have been going downhill. I've been having some issues with her being obsessively dependent on people, but I've finally been able to get to her that consultations with friends, Christians, and family has only been of a temporary benefit. So this time, we're trying something very different.

I somehow convinced her to eliminate anything that would allow her to have access to people at the click of a button. Hopefully, she will take advantage of her college experience, meet people, grow some responsibility, and find herself.

I am proud to say that as immature as people know me to be, I can now fully understand when I am making use of my life. Unfortunately for me, taking action is on a completely different level, but that will be the focus for me this year.

So, why am I being such a hypocrite today and planning resolutions of my own? Because I've also decided to be more patient and accepting of other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment