Saturday, January 30, 2010

Class Reflections: 1st Quarter of Spring 2010

So far, I'm getting the impression that calculus isn't really easy to practice - it's something that has to be learned through rote practice. Linear algebra is so theoretical I have no idea where it's going to go for now, but I love thinking about the abstract questions that we get for homework in that class. The first real homework assignment we got in that class was, find two planes that intersect at one single point in R^4 (the fourth dimension). It took some thinking but once I figured it out, it was a fairly easy proof. Statistics was going pretty slow up until now (my professor likes to go off on tangents with his knowledge and experience to formulate questions and examples), and recently we worked out some proof for the properties of variance. I have a feeling I will really like this course later on when we get past the review. Lastly, computer science is still slow, even with my little knowledge in programming. I should take a more rigorous computer science course in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment